NEWS

Fertility Treatment Option Comparison
Posted by: Editor on Jun 22, 2011 in News

Approaching the various cycles available to you, can sometimes feel intimidating.  We have many different options available, and I would like to clarify some of the paths you may choose.  There are many factors to consider when estimating your costs and success rates.  Some elements to take into consideration are: insurance, age, quality of gametes, and anatomical/hormonal challenges.  While we are unable to breakdown each option for each client (as you are all unique!), this chart may help clarify the realm of options available to you.  Now, this does not include Frozen Embryo Transfers, Mini-IVF cycles, or PGD.  This is also geared towards a presumably Self-Pay client under the age of 40, for ease of simplicity and continuity in statistics available.  Your costs may shift dramatically if you have insurance coverage, or if you select one of our package offers that are available.  Your Success Rates may also differ from this chart, taking into consideration your unique medical history.  However, this chart can serve as a good guideline for your options available, as you are working through all potential scenarios.

*Costs below are current as of September 2011, however prices and terms are subject to change.

Donor Oocytes (all ages)Thawed EmbryosFresh Embryos
Number of Transfers55157
Percentage of transfers resulting in live births16.440.8
Average number of embryos transferred2.42.6

*Approximate

**  $2,750.00 Deposit included in cost to be paid at date of baseline and remainder is financed for either 12, 18 or 24 months interest free. Monthly payments are deducted from credit/debit card (around the 15th of each month).

*** $7,500.00 Deposit included in cost to be paid prior to the donor beginning her medications.

**** This does not include a $500.00 Embryo Donation Case Management Fee to be paid prior to the start of FDA testing.

+These statistics are for clients under 40, with normal sperm sample, and open fallopian tubes (where relevant).  For an estimated success rate tailored to your unique situation, please schedule a consultation or follow up appointment with one of our providers.

17 responses to “Fertility Treatment Option Comparison”

1. Farhana says:

We are visiting Dr Katy Irani and she suggested us to visit Dr Rob because my wife is getting pregnant and at the same time she been having periods and after 2 to 4 months she has lost three babies. Dr Katy Irani thinks that she is facing hormonal challenge.

• Lisa Stack says:

Hi Farhana,
      I am so sorry for your losses. I encourage you to schedule a consultation appointment. We will be able to review your medical history, and assess any fertility challenges you may be facing. Please fill out the following form to schedule your appointment: http://cnyfertility.com/new-appointment-form/

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!
      Lisa

2. Joanna says:

Hi Lisa,
    My husband and I have have 3 failed IVF cycles. I have had various people offer ideas about a surrogate. Is this a possibilty? Are there any extra related costs to such a method?

• Lisa Stack says:

Hi Joanna,

I am so sorry about the failed IVF cycles. We have many options available, including surrogate cycles. I would encourage you to schedule a consultation or follow up talk to really take a good long look at your history, and get a plan together for all potential options. There are many ways to make a cycle work, and we would be so happy to walk you through them.

Here is our contact page for initial consultations: http://cnyfertility.com/new-appointment-form/

If you are a current patient, you can just call the office to schedule a follow up talk!

Please let me know if there is any support that I can off you.

Lisa

3. Johnny says:

Hi Lisa
    My friend plans to donate her egg and my sister plans to hold the baby. What is the best route ir option? Thanks:)

• Lisa Stack says:

Hi Johnny!
      The best first step would be for you to contact our office and schedule a consultation appointment. At your consultation, we will walk though your cycle, and also discuss financing: http://cnyfertility.com/about-us/contact-us/

Additionally, I think it would be a good idea to contact Pati, our Donor Program coordinator, to begin any paperwork and testing required. You can reach Pati here: pbreh@cnyfertility.com

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you! Good luck!
      Lisa

4. Jennifer says:

I was just wondering if i wanted multiples would i be able to get it with the use of fertility drugs.

5. Katie says:

Hi Lisa,
    My husband and I are trying for another baby. We already have a 7 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. We would like to have at least two more children but don’t want to go through two or more pregnancies due to the time it would take and the age difference between anymore children we have and our oldest. We are both 26, in excelent health, no history of infertility or conception problems, and my obgyn has told me that I carry large babies. While pregnant with my daughter I gained 14 lbs and at birth our daughter weighed 8lbs 5oz… My labor was induced at 38 weeks due to her size. If possible, we’d like to try and increase our chances of completing our family with just one last pregnancy. I am a stay at home mother and my husband is self-employed so we feel that a twin pregnancy would be ideal for our situation. Since we would be self-paying clients we’d like to know if this is something the Doctor would be able to help us with and a rough estimate of costs before hand, as we want to spend as little as possible while still acheiving our goal to complete our family. We live about 1 1/2 hrs north of your clinic so if possible we can fax any medical records or information needed in advance of scheduling an appointment to determine if the Doctor may be able provide any services for us.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Katie

• Lisa Stack says:

Hi Katie,
      I have posted our single cycle self pay IVF cycles below. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation appointment to discuss your options. If it is easier for you, we could do a phone consult as well. To schedule your appointment, please visit this site: http://cnyfertility.com/new-appointment-form/

1 Cycle for $4,500
      An additional 5% discount will be applied if prepaid in full, due at date of baseline. To Finance: 50% deposit at date of baseline, remainder financed for 12–24 mo. Interest free.

This IVF package includes retrieval, ICSI, assisted hatching and anesthesia, storage of frozen embryos and frozen embryo transfer cycles for one year.
      Please note: Excluded from all packages above are medications and monitoring.

Monitoring costs approximately $750, and medications are approximately $3,000.00.

Please contact our financial coordinator, Tracey (tquinn@cnyfertility.com) with any specific questions regarding financing.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you,
      Lisa

6. Glenda says:

I am interested on embryo donation. My insurance covers up to 10,000 of infertility treatments. I based on the costs associated, how much to you estimate my out of pocket to be? Also, is your financing credit related?

• Lisa Stack says:

Hi Glenda,

Our embryo donation program is a great way to conceive. It also has the benefit of being less expensive than a donor egg cycle. You can find the breakdown of the costs here: http://cnyfertility.com/donor-gametes/donor-profiles/embryo-donor-profiles/

You can also see the embryos available for donation. As you can see the total cost required for a donor embryo cycle is far less than $10,000.00, you may not incur any out of pocket costs. However, I would recommend that you check with our financial coordinator, Tracey, at Tquinn@cnyfertility.com She will be able to run your insurance to be sure of costs before you move forward. Any financing that we do is not credit related.

Embryo Donation Cycle Fee Schedule

Embryo Donation Fee is $2,500

What is included:

FDA Testing for Male Donor
      FDA Testing for Female Donor
      Monitoring to include a Baseline Ultrasound with blood work and up to two Ultrasounds with blood work prior to the transfer
      Transfer of Embryos
      What is not included:

Embryo Donation Case Management Fee – $500
      Medications:
      Progesterone in Oil – $60
      Prometrium 200mg – $362
      Estrace 2 mg Tablets – $50
      Doxycycline 100 mg – $7
      (these are approximate costs)

The Embryo Donation and Embryo Donation Case Management Fees must be paid prior to the start of the FDA Testing.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.
      Lisa
      Lstack@cnyfertility.com

7. Charlie says:

With ivf or iui can you choose the sex of the baby?

8. Adriana says:

i will like to know more about places maybe where i can ask for help to pay for the treatment of IVF…I will have my appointment soon at the syracuse office, but i will like to check few stuff before going there.
    thank you very much and looking forward to a successfull treatment for anyone that is going true that right now.
    keep your faith!!!

9. Mandy says:

I have frozen embryos at CNY and would like to do an FET cycle later this year. How much would that cost, I cannot find this info on your website.

captcha