Good morning! We hope that you had a great weekend. This month, as we celebrate Valentine’s Day, we would like to share a few ways to communicate your love and appreciation for your partner. An important part of making your way through this fertility journey together is to communicate both your love and needs. Establishing a clear, patient, and respectful habit of conversation helps you to both understand your needs and desires.
If you have not been communicating as well as you would like to, there are a few small habits that can begin to reopen those doors. If you want to have a partner who shares and communicates well, set the pace of the relationship by sharing and communicating. Once you convey these needs to your partner through words and actions, lovingly, they will be able to respond and participate.
This week, why not try one of these small habits, to remind your partner how much you appreciate them:
- Say ‘I love you’ at least once a day.
- Share a hug and/or kiss before and after work.
- Thank your partner for something that they did for you during the day, and let them know that you appreciate them.
- Compliment how they care for you, even if it is something small: I love how you make me a cup of coffee in the morning, it really helps me get my day started.
- Send your partner a quick text or email during the day letting them know that you love them, and that you are looking forward to seeing them later.
- Do something for them without them having to ask. This can be as simple as dropping off a favorite coffee or lunch at work, taking care of the dry cleaning, or even leaving a small note in their car.
We would also like to invite you to our Circle of Hope Support Group sessions this month:
Syracuse: Tuesday, February 11th from 7:30-8:30p
Albany: Tuesday, February 11th from 5:30p-6:45p
Rochester: Wednesday, February 26th from 5:30p-6:30p
Finally, did you know that we started new Private Facebook Fertility and Pregnancy Groups for current clients? We also have groups for Secondary Infertility and Pregnancy Loss. Here, you can find a safe and secure space to share with other women and men facing similar challenges. You can get immediate support and feedback! If you are interested in joining, please message Lisa Stack within the Patient Portal
If you are interested in a more private one-on-one support situation, Lisa Stack is our CNY Fertility Center Support Coordiator, she offers her services as a lay support person and can be contacted by email at email@example.com if you are not yet a client or via the Patient Portal if you are a current client.
Request Consultation or Appointment
If you are a new patient and would like an initial fertility consultation, in-office or over the phone, please visit this link and fill out our New Appointment Form or call us toll free at 800-539-9870.