My Miracle Baby
Posted by: admin on May 11, 2015 in Success Stories

My husband and I had been trying on our own before we received help from my GYN in 2012 and that is when I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was put on Metformin and after six months I started Chlomid. I was on Chlomid for 6 months with no luck and that is when she recommended Dr. Rob. By then we had been trying for more than 7 years to conceive. January 31, 2013 started our journey with Dr. Rob and CNY fertility. I went through all the testing and on February 18 I had the HSG testing and they found a fibroid. February 25 I had surgery to remove the fibroid and the very next day I received a call that I needed to follow up ASAP. My next appointment was March 5, 2013 and that is the day our world STOPPED. Dr. Rob held my hands and told me that I had stage one uterine CANCER. He went on to explain that I had a couple of options, the first one that would give me the 100% cure was a hysterectomy and the second choice would be to take an oral hormone medication and a D&C to check for cancer cells. He explained that I would have to go to an Oncologist to discuss my options in further detail.
On March 26, 2013 I went to a GYN Oncologist and was informed of my options and we opted for the hormonal therapy and D&C. She recommended that we do 3 months of the hormonal therapy and then a D&C and repeat if there were still cancer cells. On July 3, 2013 I under went a D&C, which showed that there was still cancer cells. At my next appointment which was July 13, 2013, the doctor told us that usually if the hormonal therapy didn’t work on the first round that it may not at all, but my husband and I were optimistic and wanted to do the full six months of the hormonal therapy that she had explained to us at the first appointment. So she doubled the hormone medication.
On October 25, 2013 I under went my second and final D&C. I received a call on my cell phone on October 29, 2013 at 4:59 pm, but I was driving and didn’t answer (plus I didn’t recognize the number). But the next morning I had looked at my home phone and realized that the doctor’s office tried my home number also about a minute earlier than the call on my cell phone. So I called the office and was told that the only person in the office at that time would have been the doctor, so I told them to have her call me at work. I have to tell you that the didn’t have the best bed side manner, so when they told me that it was her that call I became concerned, but excited because she told me the results of my last D&C in the office at an appointment. On December 30, 2013 she called me back at 10:00 am and she said she was excited to tell me and couldn’t wait for my appointment on November 7, 2013 to tell me that I was CANCER FREE and that’s when my world STOPPED again. She said we would discuss it more at my appointment. At my appointment she gave me the go a head to go back to Dr. Rob.
On December 6, 2013, I met with Dr. Rob and we discussed my options, which he recommended IUI and we agreed. On December 24, 2013 we had our first cycle of IUI and it didn’t take. On January 18, 2014 we had our second cycle of IUI. On February 1, 2014 I had blood work and I had the office call my cell phone and leave a message with the results, because my husband worked a different shift and I wanted us to find out together. So I waited until I got home to listen and that’s when we found out that we were pregnant, but the numbers were a little low. So I had blood work again 2 days later and the nurse said that the numbers were still not where they should be and they tested me again 2 days later and it confirmed that we had a chemical pregnancy, which is an early miscarriage. They recommended that we try again with my next menstrual period, which was 6 weeks later. We had our third cycle of IUI on March 29, 2014. I had blood work on April 14, 2014. and again I had the office call my cell phone and leave a message. Again I waited until I got home to listen, but I had a good feeling that this time was different and it was. We were pregnant and the numbers were great. They again tested me 2 days later and the numbers were still great. I had my first ultrasound on April 23, 2013 and we got to see our miracle baby and our world STOPPED again. We had an ultrasound weekly up until we were 8 weeks pregnant and that is when they released us to our OB/GYN.
Brooke Sage was born via c-section on December 16, 2014 at 5:15 pm, weighing in at 7 lbs 13 oz. and 20 inches long. She is healthy and my angel and miracle baby. I feel like she is my angel and miracle because she saved my life.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NOTICE:   If you are a new patient and would like an initial fertility consultation, in-office or over the phone, please visit this link and fill out the New Appointment Form or call us toll free at 800-539-9870. If you have questions or comments relating to this post, please contact our office.

Name *

Phone *

Email *

How can we help you?