The Fertile Secret Massage is a relaxing and enjoyable way to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs, properly position the uterus, remove blockages and open the pelvic and hip region. Our fertility massage combines the principles of Maya Abdominal Massage, acupressure and breath work to balance the hormonal system and support conception. To read more detailed information about Maya Abdominal Massage visit our CNY Healing Arts website here.
What can I expect from my first massage treatment?
The Fertile Secret Massage combines deep therapeutic touch with soothing abdominal massage. Your practitioner will customize your bodywork according to the stage of your menstrual cycle, using deeper abdominal work during the follicular phase (before ovulation) and focusing on relaxation during the luteal phase (after ovulation). In women, the pelvic region and reproductive organs tend to hold a lot of emotions. Expect your massage to be cleansing and detoxifying, physically and emotionally, leaving you with a deep sense of mental peace. Physical touch encourages the body to release oxytocin, contributing to increased pleasure. This massage is perfect for anyone desiring to conceive and can also be customized for pregnancy and postpartum care.
What are the benefits of fertility massage?
• Increases blood flow to the reproductive organs
• Nourishes follicles with fresh blood supply and oxygen
• Helps to break down scar tissue and adhesions
• Helps to resolve blockages in the fallopian tubes
• Re-aligns the uterus
• Relieves stress and anxiety
• Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients
• Reduces inflammation due to PCOS, cysts or fibroids
Research on the benefits of massage for reducing stress is indicating a greater need for more studies specifically targeting the benefits of massage to enhance fertility. In a study published in the International Journal of Neurosciences (2004), researchers studied the effect of moderate, light or vibratory massage on stress levels by studying brain waves and heartbeat. All three groups reported decreased stress and anxiety, the largest drop being in the moderate pressure group. (1)
A group of gynecologist and physical therapists have also discovered a way to use massage techniques to remove blockages and reduce adhesions. It is estimated that adhesions are a contributing factor in nearly 40% of infertility cases. Preliminary research has also revealed a notable reversal in 75% of cases that showed tubal blockages. (2)
1. Diego, M. A., Field, T., Sanders, C., & Hernandez-Reif, M. (2004). Massage therapy of moderate and light pressure and vibrator effects on EEG and heart rate. International Journal of Neuroscience, 114, 31-44.
2. “Gynecologists Investigate Massage As Infertility Treatment.” 23 Mar. 2000. Personal MD, Your lifeline online. 10 Apr. 2009 <http://www.personalmd.com/news/n0323123924.shtml>.
Frequently asked questions
What is Maya Abdominal Massage?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage TM addresses the position and health of the pelvic and abdominal organs. This massage helps to reposition the uterus and supports prostate health in men, thereby optimizing fertility. All Fertile Secret massage therapists are trained in Maya abdominal massage.
Is it okay to get a massage after ovulation?
Our massage therapists can tailor your massage to the various phases of your cycle. Massage can be deeply relaxing and supportive to the implantation process.