Corona Virus COVID-19 & Fertility Treatment at CNY Fertility
Current Office Status: We Are Open
In agreement with the New York State Department of Health’s declaration of fertility services as essential services, CNY Fertility is open, starting new treatment cycles, performing diagnostic tests, and conducting in-office and virtual consultation.
We are taking a number of precautionary steps to ensure employee and patient safety and recommend that all clients wear facial covering while in the office. In compliance with New York State Guidelines, we are requiring anyone entering our office to wear a mask or other face covering. Because we do not have excess supplies, it will be important for clients to wear their own masks to our office.
Due to the general reduction in-office visits and cycles being performed, our operating hours have been greatly reduced and you may encounter greater waiting times. The call center will be open from M, T, R: 8a-3p, W, F: 8a-2p. Financial, will be open from 7a-2p M,R,W,F and 7a-1p R. Clinical nursing phone line will still be open from 6am-8pm M-F and 7-2 Saturdays. Our 24/7 on-call nurse will still be available for urgent, but non-emergent calls at any time.
Waiting In Car Instead of Waiting Room
If you need to come to our office for any reason, consult, monitoring, procedure, you may choose to wait in your car instead of the waiting room. You will first need to present to the front desk to tell us that you are here and will be waiting in your car. Our office will then happily call you when we are ready to see you.
CNY Fertility takes the Protection and Safety of our Patients, Staff, and Community Seriously
CNY Fertility continues to monitor the worldwide coronavirus pandemic and follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as state and federal regulations to provide our patients with the safest care possible.
At this time, there is no specific guidance that recommends deferring fertility treatment for healthy patients. However, CNY Fertility’s mission is to provide superior health care, and we take very seriously the responsibility to implement preventative guidelines for the well-being of our patients, staff, and community.
If a patient does test positive for COVID-19, their cycle will unfortunately be cancelled. If an employee tests positive, we will follow appropriate quarantine measures.
Please call CNY Fertility prior to your appointment at 844-315-2229 (BABY) if you answer “YES” to any of the following questions:
- Within the last 14 days have you (or your partner) travelled or had close contact with a person that is ill and has travelled to any of the following COVID-19 High-Risk Countries (China, Iran, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City or South Korea)?
- Within the last 14 days have you (or your partner) had close contact with a confirmed or suspected [is being tested] case of COVID-19?
- Do you (or your partner) have a fever or a cough?
- We encourage clients to wash their hands during their visit and frequently throughout the day for at least 20 seconds as recommended by the CDC or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer which will be available throughout our offices.
- Avoid touching your face eyes or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue away, and then wash or sanitize your hands. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve/arm.
- Avoid handshakes and close contact.
- Don’t share food/bottles.
- Clean your work area and high touch surface areas with disinfectant regularly.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid large gatherings of 50 or more people.
- Limit exposure of other family members to healthcare settings unnecessarily. Leave non-essential family members at home, if possible, when you come to your appointments.
If You’ve Been Exposed
Out of an abundance of caution, patients who have a high likelihood of having COVID-19 (fever and/or cough, shortness of breath, and either exposure within 6 feet of a confirmed COVID-19 patient and within 14 days of onset of symptoms) or with a positive COVID-19 test result, including those planning to use oocyte donors, sperm donors, or gestational carriers, should strive to avoid a pregnancy. If you are undergoing active infertility treatment, we highly recommend you consider freezing all oocytes or embryos and avoid an embryo transfer until you are disease-free.
Please call your provider immediately if you suspect exposure or have a positive COVID-19 test result.