The CNY Fertility Kid’s Club will hold their first yoga class this coming Sunday, November 16th from 1-3PM. This first class will be a demo class so you can see what kid’s yoga is all about. It’s not too late to register to join us for this demo class.
Here is what Cynthia Powers-Broccoli, the CNY Fertility Kid’s Club Yoga Instructor, has to say about kid’s yoga:
Our mission is to enhance the quality of children’s lives through the practice of Yoga. Yoga improves children’s physical strength, flexibility and coordination and provides them with relaxation and self-calming techniques. Yoga teaches children to be more self-aware, more present in their bodies — an important condition for academic, emotional, and social success!
How does yoga help children?
- Builds strong, flexible and healthy bodies
- Promotes a sense of well-being
- Fosters creativity, expression, imagination
- Increases focus, concentration and attention span
- Cultivates self-esteem and the willingness to accomplish goals
- Encourages relaxation
- Teaches positive coping skills, allowing children to more effectively deal with life stressors
- Facilitates in the development of self-respect and respect for others
*The class will be held in the yoga room at CNY Healing Arts and registration is necessary as we do have limited space. Please call 315.671.5755 to register for this Kid’s Club Yoga demo class today!