April is a CNY Fertility Center patient and has been on her journey to fertility for approximately two years. April will share candid stories and a unique perspective on the fertility challenges many women and couples face.
Week 25: Attitude of Gratitude
Our high school service club adopts families from within our school district, and we provide Thanksgiving meals as well as a Christmas meal and gifts. When all is said and done, we take care of anywhere from 50-70 families per year. It seems as if we have more families in need each year, and I always wonder how we are going to provide for these families…
This October one of the elementary schools within our district wanted to show their appreciation by having a fundraiser to honor our effort so the students spent the week raising money they would donate to the high school’s club. Having an attitude of gratitude was the focus of their efforts, and the kids raised over $330.00! I remember thinking what an interesting idea: show your gratitude by giving. Learning of this fundraising focus was one of the reasons I began my 29 days of giving last week.
Although you can visit my giving list at the link above, I wanted to share a bit about what the process of mindfully giving has taught me thus far:
1. There are opportunities to give all the time.
2. Because giving makes someone else happy, it makes me happy, too.
3. Giving helps us to connect with one another.
4. Giving inspires me to be thankful for what I do have.
5. Giving makes me wish for others’ happiness.
6. Giving is much more inherent than we think – much of my giving was unplanned and spontaneous.
7. Others appreciate our giving.
8. Others give, too.
9. Giving inspires meaningful conversation.
10. Giving can be simple and take only seconds.
What can you give this week?
April all Year
Below are links to April’s past articles in case you missed any of them: