April is a CNY Fertility Center patient and has been on her journey to fertility for approximately two and a half years. April will share candid stories and a unique perspective on the fertility challenges many women and couples face. CNY Fertility Center has locations in Syracuse, Albany and Rochester, NY.
Week 49: Gratitude Revisited
I have spent a great deal of time reflecting on how I felt about life a year ago. My conclusion is that I was far more thankful and hopeful last year, and so I have decided to generate a gratitude list. In the past, I would write a gratitude list daily or at least semi-regularly. Honestly though, I cannot remember the last time I wrote a gratitude list. And I have to admit, I think the gratitude lists help me to remember that there is more to life than fertility challenges. And although I may not yet have a baby, I do have many other blessings.
Today, I am thankful for:
- My husband and his unrelenting support
- My sister and the adventures we have
- Continuing to recover from my recent health issues
- The opportunity to write to you each week
- Those of you who read my blog regularly
- The end of the school year – it will be here before I know it!
- My friends, because what is a girl with out other girls to support her?
- The warmer weather and my deck – I just spent time reading and chatting on the phone while sitting outside
- My dog – he’s just so darn funny sometimes
My personal goal is to begin writing a gratitude list regularly because this activity helps keep me grounded and hopeful. The best part about a gratitude list, other than the fact that it only takes minutes to write, is that I genuinely feel grateful and hopeful after I recognize my blessings. If you are struggling with the more challenging parts of life, maybe writing a gratitude list will uplift you.
April all Year
Click here to read April’s blog including all of her previous articles.