This exercise is intended to bring greater awareness to your emotions surrounding potentially challenging events. Sometimes, dinners and parties with friends and family may be emotionally challenging while trying to conceive. That is OK. We just need to make sure that you have a few good coping tools for these situations. During the next few weeks, I will highlight a few of my favorite ways to cope with the challenging emotions that arise while celebrating the holidays. In the meantime, I’d like you to take a few minutes to consider the following questions:
1. When you think about upcoming holiday events, do you feel excited or anxious?
2. What are you looking forward to?
3. What do you find challenging?
4. Have you shared your feelings with your partner/family members?
5. Do you feel like you could voice your concerns to those you love?
Take a few minutes to inventory your thoughts, and we will cover more on these topics next week!
If you would like a little help relaxing this week, I am hosting a free meditation webinar on Tuesday night.
Have a great week!