NEWS

Posted by: Editor on Nov 19, 2012 in News

Good morning!  I hope that you enjoyed the weekend.  This Thursday, we are celebrating Thanksgiving here in the US.  This is a great evening of expressing gratitude, appreciation, and love.  Even in the face of your fertility journey, spending time with those you love can provide you with happiness and motivation to keep pushing forward on this long journey to parenthood.  Dr. Kiltz suggests spending time with what you want.  He teaches us that this is a way of sending your dreams and desires out to the world around you, while opening yourself up to receive whatever beauty may come your way.  This holiday, try to open yourself up to the love and happiness within your circle of family and friends, and see what happens.

It may feel challenging to celebrate with family, as there are often children running around enjoying the day, but try to remember Dr. Kiltz’s words, and surround yourself with what you desire.  Learn from your family members with children of their own, and imprint the laughter of your younger family members as motivation to have that within your own home next year.  This is a great source of encouragement and motivation for you to access during those moments when you may feel like giving up, or that the journey is too long.

Be kind to yourself this holiday, and take plenty of time to rest.  If you would like more suggestions for having a peaceful and relaxed holiday, please be sure to read the Holiday Support Guide.

Have a great week, and please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Lisa

Lstack@cnyfertility.com

315.744.8073

6 responses to “Words of Support and Encouragement: Giving Thanks, and Learning From Those Around You”

1. Maty says:

Hello Lisa,

I just had an IUI done on Friday and now I am the waiting part of what I hope will be a joyous ending. Is it normal to feel different afterwards? Since Sunday I just feel as if the IUI worked but I’m afraid to e happy. What can you suggest I can do during the next 2 week to be at ease. I really want to have a baby and I feel my mind is playing tricks on me.
    Any suggestions ?

Maty

• Lisa Stack says:

Hi Maty,

The 2 week wait can be both exciting and challenging, can’t it? It is very normal to feel different after your IUI. I think that there are a few things to attribute this to. First, there is the great hope and anticipation for the joyous ending, like you mentioned. Then, there is also a natural hormonal shift that occurs after ovulation. Some women do report ‘just knowing’ that they conceived. I believe that all three of these factors can absolutely influence how you feel after an IUI. Unfortunately, only time will tell us if you did conceive.

During this time period, it is very easy to get wrapped up in all the potential pregnancy signs. I would suggest trying to spend as much time away from your computer as possible! I also suggest spending lots of time doing what you love, and what relaxes you. This is the time to enjoy the holidays, spend time with those you love, and engage in activities that are just for you. Date nights, cooking, movies, and your favorite crafts are all great ways to relax and take your mind off of the big question.

Just take it slow and be kind to yourself.
      Best of luck!
      Lisa

2. Michelle says:

I don’t know if I’m a good one to give relaxation advice, because I was very anxious through our process too lol, but I just kept a positive thought process in my head while catching up on movies/shows or playing my games on the computer to keep myself busy. I also took relaxing baths or asked for massages from my other half. The BIGGEST thing was thinking positive-talking as if we were already pregnant, rubbing my tummy as if my baby was in there growing and also talking to my baby. I have to say that I was also a bad girl though, because I went out and bought pregnancy tests because I was so excited to know if our IVF took. The funny thing is that I actually got my sign from our dogs. They knew I was pregnant before I did. 🙂 Good luck and happy holidays!!!!

3. Maty says:

Thank you Lisa.

4. mike says:

Hi this is mike, I intercourse with my partner two time and again after 20 minute of my last ejaculation i collect my semen analysis. but my semen shows no sperm.doctor told me not to sex 3 days before collection but i forgot and i sex regularly and 2 time same day and i collect. i mean did i really azoospermia or due to my continual sex show no sperm? please answer this question is greatly appreciated.

• Lisa Stack says:

Hi Mike,

It is difficult to say whether you have an actual azoospermia given the fact that you had intercourse so close to giving your sample. I would suggest that you speak with our physicians. Another way to determine would be to submit another sperm sample, while abstaining from intercourse for 2-3 days as your physician suggested.

If you do have a true azoospermia and very limited available sperm or zero sperm, we would recommend IUI, IVF, or Donor Sperm. This all depends on the actual amount of healthy sperm detected in your sample. We also have several medication and hormonal protocols that you could try to increase your counts.

Please contact us for an appointment or follow up: http://cnyfertility.com/new-appointment-form/

captcha